Membership fees vary slightly from club to club depending on venue costs.
POWERtalk Pollokshields welcomes visitors who can attend three meetings for free. Thereafter we charge £6.00 per meeting.
If you decide to become a full member you will be able to access educational material, including the Master Manual, via the POWERtalk Great Britain Web site. The manual covers the full range of communication skills, which will greatly assist you in improving your skills.
Communication skills – so vital to succeed in your personal and public life
- Presentation skills including speechmaking
- Disciplined discussion techniques
- Effective use of visual aids
- Listening skills
- Communication with authority and conviction
- Creative writing and written communication
Leadership skills and teamwork – Any organisation, your company and your family require good teamwork to be successful and include team building, delegation, motivation, mentoring and management skills.
- Successful meeting procedures
- Efficient and effective meetings and organisational skills
- Report writing
- Confident communication
- Planning and organisation of events
Personal achievement …
- Personal growth through developing confidence and a strong personal style
- Overcoming shyness and developing skills to convert anxiety into positive energy
- Developing and presenting thoughts clearly
- Offering and expressing constructive criticism
- Greater career and personal recognition
- Continued learning